Mirrors serve a functional purpose in bathrooms and bedrooms but also offer great opportunities for spectacular advertising in bars and decoration in dens and man-caves. Follow the instructions in this post to design and order your own etched mirror masterpiece.
Find your favorite artwork or logo and send a high-definition image to us at [email protected] For best results, choose simple, clipart-style designs with 2, 3, or 4 colors (color photos cannot be sandblasted). We will expertly design your mirror art and send you a scaled drawing for your approval.
Front or the Back of the Mirror?
Most of our designs are etched on the reverse (silver) side of the mirror. The silvering is removed by sandblasting, leaving a frosted white surface that can be painted to show through on the front.
Etching on the Front (Glass) Side
Some customers appreciate the clean look of front-side etching where we can achieve airbrush-style shaded effects by selective frosting:
Etching on the Reverse (Silver) Side
Most of our artwork is etched on the back of mirrors. This allows a crisp and spectacular contrast between the remaining silver and the colored artwork, with no double-reflection. Most importantly, reverse etching permits the use of multi-colored art.
Artistry in Glass uses the New England logo, sandblasted on the reverse of the mirror. With the silver backing removed the mirror is painted to create the logo coloring.
Tucson Fire Department Logo
Start by sending your logo to Artistry in Glass
The etching experts at Artistry in Glass will trace and scan your logo to produce a vector file. The digitized artwork is used to cut a special vinyl stencil that is attached to the reverse (silver) side of the mirror and then sandblasted to remove the reflective silver coating. Finally, the sandblasted mirror is painting, in several stages to create a superb art glass mirror.
Harley Davidson Mirror
Customers email their preferred logo for processing by Artistry in Glass
Our clients are big Harley Davidson enthusiasts who selected the special “feathered” version of the Harley logo for their custom mirror. The spectacular achievement of our craftsmanship in this example is the successful “gradient-fill” shading of the feathers by skillful airbrush painting of the eagle’s feathers.
Iron John’s Brewery, Tucson
Custom etched mirrors were ubiquitous decorations in Victorian bars and public houses where they combined the elegance of the gilded age with the power of advertising. Here, we prepare the artwork for a stand-out local Tucson brewery – Iron John’s
Sorority Plaque is Etched on Dark Glass – But Has a Mirrored Effect
University of Arizona sorority commissions Artistry in Glass to create this stylish wall plaque. The reflected film-noir steps represent a metaphor for the upwardly mobile life journey about to be undertaken by these ambitious young ladies (Lauren Bacall has just ascended the stairs for a rendezvous with Humphrey Bogart).
For affordable and beautiful mirror art in Southern Arizona!
Call the experts at Artistry in Glass: 520-320-0104
Learn “Glass-speak” to get the best pricing from your local glass & mirror shop.
If you would like to save money (who doesn’t) – study this unique insider guide to glass pricing to save dollars when you order mirrors.
Unique Mirror Resources from Artistry in Glass
Mirror Design & layout
- How are mirrors made?
- What is a beveled mirror?
- What are two-way mirrors?
- Best mirrors for bedrooms
- How to size and position your wall mirror
- How to order custom etched mirrors
- Best places to hang dining room mirrors
- How much do wall mirrors cost?
Mirror Installation & Removal
- How to hang a wall mirror
- How to frame a builder’s grade bathroom mirror
- How to hang a frameless mirror with glue
- Best clips for hanging mirrors
- How to attach a mirror to a closet door
- How to remove a mirror glued to the wall
Mirror Repair & Restoration
- Should I resilver my antique mirror?
- Can I repair scratched mirror silvering?
- What is the best spray paint for mirror silvering?
- How to fix a cracked mirror
- How to repair a broken mirror frame
Artistry in Glass is your source for antique repair in Tucson
Check out this amazing selection of informative articles:-
- How to fix a broken picture frame
- How to repair a broken china plate
- How to repair a broken china teapot
- How to fix a broken marble slab
- How to repair a broken china coffee mug
- How to repair a 2000-year-old sculpture
- All about repairing stained-glass lampshades
- How to care for your stained glass skylight
- Is stained glass worth repairing?
- To repair or toss out?
- Tucson crystal & china repair a division of Artistry in Glass
- What to do with broken antiques
- Is lead crystal dangerous?
- Repairing an antique Mexican statue